Re: Collegian?

Expandir mensajes
  • quinnjm
    Mensaje 1 de 6 , 7 ago 2006
    Ver origen
    • 0 Archivo adjunto
      --- En mexicocitycollege@..., jedlinde <no_reply@y...>
      escribió:
      I occasionally had problems (expecially with the large files) using
      the Firefox browser. When I switched over to Internet Explorer, all
      went well.

      Try re-installing the Acrobat Reader. Re-installing a program will
      often solve any problems. (Hint: when you download a program to use,
      first save it to a "download" folder. Then open it. That way, if you
      want to reinstall it in the future, it's on your harddrive and you
      don't have to go online to find it.)

      Try another Reader. Foxit is a free Reader.
      http://www.foxitsoftware.com/
      The advantage over Adobe is that it has a very small footprint,
      whereas Adobe Acrobat Reader is very large (large because the download
      includes the "Pro" version which is enacted when you pay a fee)and
      eats up harddrive space. I have both on my system and, frankly, both
      appear to work the same. You can always uninstall it.

      Here's a direct link to an issue:
      http://catarina.udlap.mx:9090/u_dl_a/citext/mcc/volumen_14/1961_01_26.pdf

      > Hola,
      > No problem accessing the site and the individual volumnes, but when
      > I click on a specific issue--and have tried various--the result is
      > always the same, connects, downloads, and I get a blank page...???
      > The files end in PDF, which means (?) my Adobe Reader (I have the
      > latest edition) should launch, but it doesn't...???
      > Any cyber-wisdom out there? Jed

    • Sam Ormes
      Mensaje 2 de 6 , 7 ago 2006
      Ver origen
      • 0 Archivo adjunto
        In Windows XP I have no problems whatsoever in viewing all the content
        of all the newspapers. No download to the hard drive, just viewed them
        on-line in Acrobat. It was easy to clip out individual articles and
        email them. However, when I first went there, it was on a new MacBook
        (the new dual core Intel CPU machine)running OSX. That was a different
        story! The Collegians had to be downloaded to the hard drive to view.
        Maybe this difference is solely due to the versions of Acrobat
        installed on the two computers... or maybe not. I would ask if those
        having trouble are on Macintoshes. Sam
      • Richard
        Mensaje 3 de 6 , 7 ago 2006
        Ver origen
        • 0 Archivo adjunto
          I have a mac and have no problems. Jed's link makes them more readable since they aren't
          too big or too small. But, where are the issues after Aug. '61? Is it just because they haven't
          uploaded them yet? Or are they missing?
          Ricardo

          Mensaje 4 de 6 , 7 ago 2006
          Ver origen
          • 0 Archivo adjunto
            --- En mexicocitycollege@..., "Richard"
            <ricardodeaqui@y...> escribió:

            Ricardo: I am checking on the missing issues.

            Quinn

            <sormes@a...> escribió:

            > > In Windows XP I have no problems whatsoever in viewing all the
            content
            > > of all the newspapers. No download to the hard drive, just viewed
            them
            > > on-line in Acrobat. It was easy to clip out individual articles and
            > > email them. However, when I first went there, it was on a new MacBook
            > > (the new dual core Intel CPU machine)running OSX. That was a
            different
            > > story! The Collegians had to be downloaded to the hard drive to
            view.
            > > Maybe this difference is solely due to the versions of Acrobat
            > > installed on the two computers... or maybe not. I would ask if those
            > > having trouble are on Macintoshes. Sam

          • jedlinde
            Mensaje 5 de 6 , 8 ago 2006
            Ver origen
            • 0 Archivo adjunto
              Hola otra vez,
              I have checked out several other sites that require Adobe Acrobat
              and it works perfectly, launching seamlessly when needed...but not with
              the Collegian individual issues, everything else works fine...and other
              ideas? Anyone else still having problems opening the individual issues
              of the paper? I have W XP Home SP2 and IE6.0, AOL 9.0SE.
              Am I correct in assuming that it takes Adobe Acrobat to read these
              files?
              Ayuda! Jed
            Su mensaje se envió con éxito y se entregará al destinatario en breve.